TILLY'S HEALTHY OR NOT SO HEALTHY Nut Bars
I wanted to make some yummy Nut bars using lots of ingredients that I already had in my cupboard.
They turned out absolutely perfect and are going to be made again and again thats for sure!
Depending on how your taste buds are feeling you can make these as healthy or unhealthy as you like, you can also easily substitute some of the ingredients depending on diet requirements allergies/vegan etc...
-Pecans -HazULNUTS -Chia Seeds - (They are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, rich in antioxidants, and they provide fiber, iron, and calcium. Omega-3 fatty acids help raise HDL cholesterol, the "good" cholesterol that protects against heart attack and stroke)
-Almonds and Ground Almonds -Chopped Almonds
-Rich Tea biscuits (I used 4)
I highly recommend Aldi for all of the above ingridienets are very reasonable prices!
1. Place hazelnuts, pecans, almonds and chia seeds in a baking tray. Pour a generous amount of maple syrup of agave syrup onto nuts with a sprinkle of Salt and into the oven it goes..... watch it doesn't burn! Keep a eye on them...
2. Chop some Dates or Medjool dates into nice chunky pieces (remember to check they have no pips in!)
3. Now time to start with the dry mix! 1/2 cup oats (I used gluten free oats but you can use whatever oats you like! I also just used a regular mug to give you an idea on size portions)
4. 1/2 cup coconut
5. Broken rick tea biscuits! - you could use any biscuit you like.
6. A generous portion of Chia Seeds - I didn't measure sorry!
7. 1/2 cup of Ground Almonds
8. Take the nuts out of the oven and add straight to your dry mix!
9. Now time for the wet mix - I used Maple syrup, butter, peanut butter and some nutella! You can go as healthy or unhealthy as you like with these completely your preference.... Keep adding into the dry mixture until you can form a ball without it falling apart! Put them into the fridge for 2 hours and enjoy!! I kept mine for over a week and they were still just as good! I have also tested them in the freezer and they are also just as good.
10. I was feeling fancy and tried the mixture with a Yogi Cookie cutter! You can grab these fab cutters from amazon or Yoga Matters.